- The solution for reducing intake air temperature
- Lowers Intake Air Temperatures (IATs) by 15F
- Reduces coolant temperatures by a maximum of 24F
- Maintains consistent power in extreme conditions
- Perfect OEM fitment for easy installation
- Only Heat Exchanger on the market with a drain plug and bleed screw to ensure no air is trapped while adding coolant
- Designed in house at AWE Tuning
- Available as the full ColdFront™ System, or as independent components as the ColdFront™ Heat Exchanger or ColdFront™ Reservoir
- AWE Tuning ColdFront™ Protection Screen also available
Presenting the AWE Tuning Audi 3.0T ColdFront™ System. Designed in house at AWE Tuning, the ColdFront™ System is the solution for consistent and reliable performance for modified vehicles looking for maximum power and reliability. The AWE Tuning ColdFront™ System is available in the following configurations:
- The full ColdFront™ System, featuring the AWE Tuning ColdFront™ Heat Exchanger and ColdFront™ Reservoir
- The ColdFront™ Heat Exchanger alone
- The ColdFront™ Reservoir alone
- The add-on ColdFront™ Protection Screen
Why a heat exchanger?
Insufficiently cooled air entering your vehicle’s engine will rob power and performance. Modified vehicles, notably those flashed and/or equipped with a modified supercharger pulley like the AWE Tuning Stage 2 Performance Pulley, are particularly susceptible to higher intake air temperatures. Enter the AWE Tuning ColdFront™ Heat Exchanger: Proven to maintain consistent intake air temperatures and power, even under the most demanding of conditions.
How it works
The AWE Tuning ColdFront™ Heat Exchanger utilizes a larger frontal area, resulting in in cooler supercharger coolant temperatures, leading to better air intake temperatures and consistent, reliable power.
ColdFront™ Heat Exchanger
The AWE Tuning ColdFront™ Heat Exchanger was developed to reduce high air intake temperatures found in supercharged engines. Designed and conceptualized in house at AWE Tuning, this should be a mandate for supercharged 3.0T engines looking to keep things consistent and reliable.
The AWE Tuning ColdFront™ Heat Exchanger is a direct replacement for the factory heat exchanger, fitting neatly behind the front bumper and grill assemblies. This system was specifically designed by the Engineers at AWE Tuning to include a drain plug and bleed screw, allowing the system to be bled without the need for external tools. In other words, all the benefits of a cooling upgrade with none of the fitment downsides.
The AWE Tuning ColdFront™ Reservoir is CNC Machined from 6061 Billet Aluminum and plumbed directly into the heat exchanger coolant system to increase supercharger coolant capacity. The increase in coolant capacity leads to lower coolant temperatures, in turn supporting lower air intake temperatures. To further reduce coolant temperatures, the AWE Tuning ColdFront™ Reservoir incorporates a true flow through design which acts to reduce coolant temperature as it flows through the unit. The AWE Tuning ColdFront™ Reservoir features an anodized aluminum cap laser etched with the AWE Tuning logo, ensuring that checking the coolant level is a breeze.
The AWE Tuning ColdFront™ Reservoir can be used either in combination with the AWE Tuning ColdFront™ Heat Exchanger to complete the ColdFront™ System, or can be used with the factory heat exchanger.
ColdFront™ Protection Screen
The AWE Tuning ColdFront™ Protection Screen is the solution for guarding the ColdFront™ Heat Exchanger from road debris. The Protection Screen guards the full face of the heat exchanger with durable stainless wire mesh and is surrounded by a stainless steel frame, protecting it against any small objects that may find their way past the vehicle’s grill. This keeps the heat exchanger fins free of damage, allowing them to perform with maximum efficiency.