This oil catch can solution uses custom designed fittings and hardware to install our stealth
oil catch can in the FSI equipped Mk5. From start to finish, our kit allows an
effortless installation of our oil catch can. Delete the faulty OEM PCV
selection valve, convert to a single recirculation point, eliminate harmful PCV
gunk in your intake, and gain a boost port in one simple installation. A win-win
for the FSI.
So, here's what's in the kit:
- 42DD Stealth
Oil Catch Can
- 42DD Stealth Catch Can Mounting Bracket
- 034 2.0T FSI Catch
Can Conversion Plate
- 034 PCV Plug & Tap
- (5 feet) 3/4" PCV
- (4) 3/4" PCV
Tubing Hose Clamps
- 2006-2008 VW Mk5 Golf, Jetta, GTI and Audi A3 2.0T FSI ONLY
- 2006-2009 Passat FSi
- 2012-2013 Golf R
In order for an engine part to be considered stealth, it has
to work well without giving up it's purpose to curious eyes. Our stealth oil
catch can does exactly that. Essentially a stripped-down and smoothed version of
our ultimate can, the stealth can offers the same internal design without the
bells and whistles.
Built to function, our stealth can accomplishes the
fundamental job of an oil catch can without any additional thought or
modification. Bead rolled inlet and outlet fittings allow connection of 3/4"
tubing. Inside, four filter screens create a maze for the PCV gases to navigate
allowing oil droplets to collect as lighter gases pass. Gravity lends a hand,
collecting the oil and gunk at the bottom of the can. A bottom drain allows the
can to be drained at any time.
Minimized by design, the stealth can skips adjustable features
in order to achieve a discrete look. Vertical and hoizontal mounting brackets
are permanently welded to the back of the can. Inlet and outlet fittings oppose
the mounting brackets, placed inline with eachother and the bottom drain.
Press-formed top and bottom caps offer a smooth, factory look without any logos
Throughout the life of the stealth can, the filter media will
never need to be replaced. Tubing can be removed and re-installed from our
fittings without ever damaging them. There are no o-rings or other accessories
to replace. The entire catch can is built with precision from heavy duty
materials proven to stand the test of time. Like the ultimate, we can't call
this one bulletproof (really, who shoots a catch can?). We can't call it
ultimate either, so let the market decide...
- Lids press-formed from 304 stainless steel
- Inlet & outlet fittings fabricated from 304 stainless
- Can fabricated from 304 stainless tubing and CNC machined
- Bottom drain fitting 304 stainless steel with NPT threads
- Precision TIG welding on all stainless steel components
- Internal filters machined from 6061 perforated
- Installation truly universal
- Horizontal and vertical mounting brackets welded on
- Hose barbs fit 3/4" tubing
- Designed for recirculation into intake system
- Sump capacity 1/2 quart (16oz)
- Overflow capacity 3/4 quart (24oz)
- Vehicle specific mounting for the Mk5 Golf/Jetta
Finishes & Accessories
- Stainless steel brushed finish (standard)
- Wrinkle black powdercoating optional
- 3/4" silicone tubing available
- Quick drain kit coming soon!
- This kit is not compatible with European models that have a charcoal
canister in front of the engine mount. Alternate mounting is required.
- This kit is not compatible with aftermarket engine mounts. The mounting
bracket uses a threaded hole in the OEM mount which does not exist on
aftermarket mounts. Alternate mounting is required.
- If used, the factory engine cover must be slightly modified to clear the PCV
hoses. Please visit our Tech Corner to learn more.