Although most vehicles on the Volkswagen MQB platform offer a great driving experience, they’re not perfect. More specifically, some of the vehicles on the MQB platform which use the 1.8/2.0 TSFI engine can feel lacking in power. Luckily, the turbocharged nature of these vehicles makes it easy to uncover hidden performance.
One of the easiest ways to uncover hidden performance is with a cold air intake. By increasing airflow to the engine, more air can be compressed by the turbocharger which ultimately leads to more power. Rather than just offering an air filter with a metal tube, Agency Power took it a step further with their cold air intake.
By using high-quality Rotomolded plastic for the intake box and the intake tube, less heat is transferred to the air intake inside the intake system. Agency Power also retained the functionality of the OEM air duct system, which funnels cold air from outside the vehicle to the intake. When combined with the Agency Power SuperNano-Web technology filter, the result is increased air flow and low intake air temperatures.
With more airflow and lower intake air temperatures, power output is increased by 15hp and 16lb-ft as dyno tested on a Mustang Dyno. Aside from the increase in power, this intake also adds a symphony of turbo sounds. The entire system is designed as an OEM replacement, requiring no custom work for installation. By using a dry filter design, the intake system is maintenance free and does not require oiling.
- Lightweight Rotomolded Plastic Construction
- 15HP and 16LB-FT Gains
- Decreased Turbocharger Lag
- Improved Throttle Response
- SuperNano-Web Technology Filter
- Easy to Install
- Pulls Cold Air From Outside Vehicle
- High Flow and Reusable Cone Air Filter
- 2015 - 2016 Audi A3 (8V) 1.8L Turbo
- 2015 - 2016 Audi A3 (8V) 2.0L Turbo
- 2017 Audi A3 Quattro (8V) 2.0L Turbo
- 2015 - 2017 Audi S3 (8VS) 2.0L Turbo
- 2015 - 2018 VW MK7 Golf 1.8L Turbo
- 2015 - 2018 VW MK7 Golf GTI 2.0L Turbo
- 2015 - 2017 VW MK7 Golf R 2.0L Turbo
- Doesn’t fit Gen 3B engine
- Vehicles without secondary air injection require SAI block off cap (included)
- All Agency Power parts come with a limited lifetime warranty when you fill out the form here.
- View Installation Instructions
⚠️CALIFORNIA WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov