This oil catch can solution uses custom designed fittings and hardware to install our ultimate oil catch can in the FSI equipped Mk6 Golf R. From start to finish, our kit allows an effortless installation of our best oil catch can. Delete the faulty OEM PCV selection valve, convert to a single recirculation point, eliminate harmful PCV gunk in your intake, and gain a boost port in one simple installation. A win-win for the Golf R.
So, here's what's in the kit:
-Ultimate Oil Catch Can
-2.0T FSI Catch Can Conversion Plate
-Mk6 Ultimate Catch Can Mounting Bracket
-(4 feet) 3/4" PCV Tubing
-(4) 3/4" PCV Tubing Hose Clamps
-FSi PCV Plug & Tap
Fits 2012+ VW Mk6 Golf R
Ultimate is a strong word. Claiming that your latest creation is "the ultimate" of anything gives the word even more power. It takes some serious confidence and a gross lack of modesty to advertise a product as the best there ever was, is, and will be. We're not claiming victory, but we are confident that we have created an oil catch can that stands above the rest, in very relative terms.
Built to function, our ultimate can accomplishes the fundamental job of an oil catch can without any additional thought or modification. Bead rolled inlet and outlet fittings allow connection of 3/4" tubing. Inside, four filter screens create a maze for the PCV gases to navigate allowing oil droplets to collect as lighter gasses pass. Gravity lends a hand, collecting the oil and gunk at the bottom of the can. A bottom drain allows the can to be drained at any time.
Beyond the basics, our ultimate can offers an industrial look and features found nowhere else. A built-in dipstick, sealed with a viton o-ring, allows you to check the fluid level of your tank at any time. The 2-piece design of our oil catch can allows the inlet and outlet fittings to point in 6 different directions for installation in any engine bay. Our lid offers 6 mounting points, ready to accept a mounting bracket at any rotation of the catch can. Included with the ultimate can are two cnc machined mounting brackets. One bracket allows for the can to be bolted to a horizontal surface. The other allows for the can to be bolted to a vertical surface. Both brackets can be flipped, modified, or even bolted together if necessary.
When it comes time for maintenence, the ultimate can be disassembled for simple cleaning. Throughout the life of the can, the filter media will never need to be replaced. Tubing can be removed and re-installed from our fittings without ever damaging them. The o-rings provided are designed to stand up to oil and heat and may never need replacement. The entire catch can is built with precision from heavy duty materials proven to stand the test of time. We can't call it bulletproof (who shoots a catch can?) but we do call it ultimate.
- Lid, dipstick, and brackets CNC machined from 6061 aluminum
- Outlet fitting fabricated from 304 stainless tubing and CNC machined flange
- Can fabricated from 304 stainless tubing and CNC machined components
- Bottom drain fitting 304 stainless steel with NPT female threads
- Precision TIG welding on all stainless steel components
- Internal filters machined from 6061 perforated aluminum
- Stainless steel hardware & Viton o-rings throughout
- Installation truly universal
- Horizontal and vertical mounting brackets included
- Hose barbs fit 3/4" tubing
- Designed for recirculation into intake system
- Sump capacity 1/2 quart (16oz)
- Overflow capacity 3/4 quart (24oz)
- Vehicle specific mounting for the Mk6 Golf R
Finishes & Accessories
- Stainless steel components feature a brushed finish (standard)
- Wrinkle black powdercoating optional (outlet fitting and canister shown in pictures)
- UNLIMITED Wrinkle Black with all parts powdercoated black.
- Aluminum components feature our CNC machined shine
- 3/4" silicone tubing available
- This kit is not compatible with European models that have a charcoal canister in front of the engine mount. Alternate mounting is required.
- This kit is not compatible with aftermarket engine mounts. The mounting bracket uses a threaded hole in the OEM mount which does not exist on aftermarket mounts. Alternate mounting is required.
- If used, the factory engine cover must be slightly modified to clear the PCV hoses. Please visit our Tech Corner to learn more.
42 Draft Design is a manufacturer of high performance parts and accessories for VW, Audi, Porsche, and BMW vehicles. From exhaust and intakes to custom catch cans and billet aluminum engine parts, 42 Draft Designs covers it all and prides themselves on never cutting corners, always delivering the best possible products to enthusiasts.