Whether you're looking for full blown roar with our Track Edition Exhaust System or a more subtle decibel with the Touring Edition Exhaust System, the two A5 3.2L exhaust options provide a solution for every discerning A5 owner.
A5 3.2L Touring Edition Exhaust System
The more civilized of the family is the A5 3.2L Touring Edition Exhaust. The Touring Edition Exhaust features an x-pipe for enhanced exhaust tone and features AWE Tuning 180 Technology.
Sound Perfection: AWE Tuning 180 Technology
As exhaust gases exit the 3.2L engine and flow into an AWE Tuning 180 Technology equipped resonator, they pass through strategically located ports, and into reflection chambers. Sound waves, carried by these exhaust gasses, bounce off the walls of the reflection chambers. By controlling the size and location of the ports and the chambers, we also control when the sound waves exit the chambers. The specific timing of when the reflected sound waves re-join the main exhaust flow creates a one-hundred-and-eighty-degree out-of-phase sound wave that cancels out problematic frequencies. More on AWE Tuning 180 Technology in the tab above.
The A5 Touring Edition Exhaust is the perfect performance compliment for the daily driven A5 3.2L.
A5 3.2L Track Edition Exhaust System
The business end of this exhaust is not for the faint of heart. Dig into the throttle and you'll realize why we call this the Track Edition. This is a loud exhaust, with potential for drone due to the combination of the 3.2L engine and the lack of 180 Technology resonators. Family drivers and client entertainers, we suggest the Touring Edition Exhaust.
Highlights of both systems
Hand-crafted, every detail of these exhausts was labored over to ensure maximum performance and longevity:
- + 8hp, +7tq at the crank
- Increased pipe diameter to 2.5" to better let the engine exhale
- Strategic elimination of mufflers to release tone when uncorked
- Available with Chrome Silver or Diamond Black adjustable tips
- Engineered, developed, tested and manufactured in-house
- Thick .065" wall T304 stainless steel tubing
- Stainless steel TIG welds
- High quality stainless steel band clamps
- Stainless steel center muffler with OEM grade stainless steel wool and German composite packing material
- Optional Downpipes for fine tuning sound volume
- Lifetime Warranty
Tips and valences
Both Touring Editions and Track Editions of our A5 3.2L Exhaust System are available with:
- Dual 90mm (3.5 inch) tips designed to work with the stock rear bumper and valance
- Quad 90mm (3.5 inch) slash cut tips, designed for S-Line bumpers, using an S5 valence (note: an S-Line bumper is required for Quad Tip)
Further, each tip variation is available in standard Chrome Silver or our famous Diamond Black plating. The tips sport engraved AWE Tuning logos and are double walled to ensure a mirror polish, even under hard usage.
Resonated Downpipes versus Stock
For A5 owners looking to fine tune the sound of the Touring Exhaust even more, we suggest adding AWE Tuning Resonated Downpipes. AWE Tuning Resonated Downpipes feature larger than stock resonators in order to produce a mellow sound volume, and while they are compatible with both the Touring and Track Edition Exhaust Systems, the notable difference will be heard on the Touring system.