Dinan engineers designed the BMW 228i exhaust to improve exhaust flow by reducing back pressure, resulting in increased power output and a great sporty sound that is civilized when you want it to be, and pleasantly aggressive under hard acceleration. Like all Dinan exhausts, our 228i Free Flow Exhaust is engineered to reduce low-RPM drone so the cabin of the vehicle is still intimate and not drowned in an excessively loud tone.
The system is built with ease in mind and utilizes a simple bolt-on installation with included mounting hardware. It is made from 100% 16 gauge 304 stainless steel and will resist corrosion for years to come. The design features twin 70 mm ceramic black or polished and laser engraved exhaust tips for a tasteful, high-performance look that yields a maximum performance gain of 4 horsepower and 3 ft-lbs of torque.
Note: Not yet tested for the M-Aerodynamic rear bumper so fitment is not guaranteed. *Factory computer-controlled exhaust valve is eliminated.
- +4 HP @ 6600 RPM - +3 lb/ft @ 6600 RPM
- Uses the factory brackets and hangers for a factory-like fitment
- Dinan's Tuned Resonance Chamber Technology
- 100% 304 stainless steel construction
- Twin 2.75" (70mm) laser engraved polished stainless steel or black ceramic coated exhaust tips
Installation Instructions: Dinan F22 228i Axle-Back Exhaust D660-0052 Instructions
F22 BMW 228i/xi N20