The perfect compliments to Fabspeed's exhaust upgrades, this high performance intake plenum and y-pipe from Innovative Pro Design provides substantial power gains by increasing the efficiency and flow of the engine's air intake system.
The incredible 991 Porsche Turbo received a completely redesigned exterior but the engine remained virtually identical to the previous model 997.2 Turbo. This latest Turbo is the most powerful, revolutionary and capable Porsche Turbo to ever come out of Stuttgart. This latest generation Turbo engine, titled the 9A1, delivers 520 HP (560 HP with the "S") and once again, raises the proverbial performance bar in the sports car world.
IPD invested countless hours of R & D with a variety of unique design features and multiple prototype tests before settling on an optimum design that significantly improves engine performance for both stock and highly modified 991 Turbos. Our innovative Y-Pipe design is not only larger but also utilizes "non-round" runners, an optimized merge collector area and our proven dimpled interior surfacing. This superior design delivers greater volume of air, improved laminar flow and increased air velocity. These improvements deliver an additional 35+ wheel HP, 40+ Foot Pounds of Torque, improved boost response and more linear power and torque curves.
As we all know, bigger is not always better when it comes to forced induction applications. The IPD Y-Pipe is considerably larger than the factory but not so large as to cause pressure drop within the intake tract resulting in turbo lag and reduced performance. This optimized "no-round" design with dimpled interior surface cannot be achieved with conventional round tube construction.
The 991 Turbo Y-Pipe is a direct bolt-on engine upgrade that requires no modifications but should be perform by an experienced Porsche technician familiar with the 991 platform. Y-Pipes comes with all the required hardware necessary to complete the installation.
The 991 Turbo requires an "adaptation" period that can be fully realized with either a series of hard pulls on the dyno or a series of spirited driving sessions, which of course IPD recommends only be performed on a closed course circuit. Installation of all Turbo Plenums is highly recommended to be performed by qualified and trained Porsche technicians.
- Superior and more efficient design over the factory intake
- Deliver impressive power gains regardless of modifications
- Produce substantial gains for both turbo and NA applications
- Do not require an ECU flash and will not cause a CEL
- Aluminum Plenums run cooler and don’t suffer from heat soak
- All Fabspeed performance products are backed by the Fabspeed Lifetime Limited Warranty
- NOTE: If you are upgrading your throttle body along with the IPD Plenum, you may need to visit a dealership to have them perform a manual throttle body adaptation process. Some customers have reported that installing the throttle body and plenum while the battery is disconnected results in the car performing an adaptation check once the battery is reconnected, alleviating the need to visit a dealership. However, Fabspeed recommends having the adaptation performed at a certified dealership for optimal results.
⚠️CALIFORNIA WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov