- First, larger rotors increase heat capacity, allowing a driver to brake harder stop-after-stop with reduced chance of fade.
- Second, stiffer calipers and stainless steel lines reduce system compliance, providing consistent pedal feel and confidence-inspiring responsiveness.
The key, however, is to increase heat capacity and reduce compliance without upsetting a vehicle's stock front-to-rear brake torque ratio. That is why StopTech developed the Balanced Brake Upgradedesign philosophy, which precisely apportions front and rear braking resources while factoring in vehicle weight transfer under braking.
Every StopTech Balanced Big Brake Kit is engineered to produce that optimal balance usingcaliper bores and pistons specifically selected and tested for each vehicle application. This is what sets StopTech apart from off-the-shelf solutions.
In contrast, a brake upgrade that adds too much front torque (as many do), will reduce your car's ability to maximize the traction available from all four tires, robbing you of performance. In addition, a system that uses too many pistons or pistons that are too large will make the brake pedal much more difficult to modulate, limiting a driver's control of brake input.
Features and Benefits:
- Balanced Brake Upgrades with optimum brake bias offer the shortest stopping distance with the best pedal feel.
- Patented AeroRotors offer the best airflow available for better cooling, less fade and longer rotor and pad life.
- StopTech provides the stiffest fully-forged aftermarket calipers with patented, removable bridges that provide better clamping under hard braking and less pad taper.
- StopTech Big Brake Kit components are made in the USA in a 70,000 square foot California manufacturing, engineering, and R&D center.
StopTech 2-piece calipers have the lowest amount of flex and deflection among 25 of the leading caliper models (including some monoblocks) from well-known manufacturers. This is accomplished using StopTech's patented bolt-in bridge, which is strong enough to stop distortion without sacrificing cooling through the top of the caliper.
The standard StopTech caliper finish is a glossy high temperature paint available in one of six different colors - red, black, silver, blue and yellow. Trophy Sport and Trophy Race Big Brake Kits use weight-optimized STR calipers finished with a deep natural anodized coating that resists fading and discoloration at extreme temperatures.Stiffer Calipers Offer:
- Less vibration
- Less Noise
- Better pedal feel under extreme braking conditions
- Faster braking response
- Less pad taper
StopTech has developed several design innovations to improve rotor airflow. The patented 2-piece AeroRotors push more air thanks to curved, airfoil-shaped vanes and an air channel that widens at the trailing edge of the vanes.
StopTech aluminum AeroHats are lighter, and feature directional stand-offs between the rotor and mounting hat that increase airflow to the (hotter) outside face of the rotor by over 15%.Benefits of StopTech AeroRotors and AeroHats:
- Specifically engineered and patented AeroVanes for optimum cooling
- Optimized to provide even performance and consistent feedback
- Longer pad and rotor life
Hard Anodized 6061-T6 Billet aluminum Mounting Brackets with Stainless Steel Studs
Application-specific hardware that is stronger than most competitors, with studs instead of the more commonly used bolts and hard anodized aluminum billet composition.
- Hard anodized billet aluminum mounting brackets
- Stainless steel studs secured with set screws for strength and durability
- Fully machined aluminum or steel that is precise and strong
- Application specific design for precise and proper fitment
- All necessary hardware for easy installation
Braided stainless steel lines reduce system compliance and improve brake pedal feel and modulation. StopTech's Stainless Steel Brake Lines are D.O.T. compliant and designed to fit your vehicle.
- Stainless steel braiding for lower compliance and extra protection
- Provides quicker response
- Firmer pedal feel
- A variety of fittings for hundreds of applications
- All necessary brackets and fasteners for easy installation
- Better brake modulation
- D.O.T. compliant
StopTech Street Performance Brake Pads are included in all Big Brake Kits besides the track-only Trophy Race Big Brake Kits. StopTech Street Performance Pads are intended for high performance street driving as well as light duty track use.
- Aggressive pad for high performance street driving
- Para-aramid composites provide linear response regardless of pad temperature
- 100% positive molded for uniform friction material density
- Low dust formulation is rotor friendly and leaves wheels cleaner
- Scorched to raise initial cold effectiveness and ease bed-in
- 100% Asbestos-free formulas
To help identify whether your existing wheels will fit over a StopTech big brake kit, download the wheel fitment template for your vehicle and follow the instructions to verify clearance before you purchase. While wheel clearance is completely dependent on the diameter, offset and spoke design of your wheels, a general guideline is that StopTech kits usually require the following:
- 328mm rotor (12.9") - minimum 17" wheel
- 332mm rotor (13.1") - minimum 17" wheel
- 355mm rotor (14") - minimum 18" wheel
- 380mm rotor (15") - minimum 19" wheel