This oil catch can solution
uses custom designed fittings and hardware to install our ultimate oil catch can
in the FSI equipped Mk6 Golf R. From start to finish, our kit allows an effortless
installation of our best oil catch can. Delete the faulty OEM PCV selection
valve, convert to a single recirculation point, eliminate harmful PCV gunk in
your intake, and gain a boost port in one simple installation. A win-win for the Golf R.
So, here's what's in the kit:
Oil Catch Can
-2.0T FSI Catch
Can Conversion Plate
-Mk6 Ultimate Catch
Can Mounting Bracket
-(4 feet) 3/4" PCV
-(4) 3/4" PCV
Tubing Hose Clamps
-FSi PCV Plug &
Fits 2012+ VW Mk6 Golf R
Ultimate is a strong word. Claiming that your latest creation
is "the ultimate" of anything gives the word even more power. It takes some
serious confidence and a gross lack of modesty to advertise a product as the
best there ever was, is, and will be. We're not claiming victory, but we are
confident that we have created an oil catch can that stands above the rest, in
very relative terms.
Built to function, our ultimate can accomplishes the
fundamental job of an oil catch can without any additional thought or
modification. Bead rolled inlet and outlet fittings allow connection of 3/4"
tubing. Inside, four filter screens create a maze for the PCV gases to navigate
allowing oil droplets to collect as lighter gasses pass. Gravity lends a hand,
collecting the oil and gunk at the bottom of the can. A bottom drain allows the
can to be drained at any time.
Beyond the basics, our ultimate can offers an industrial look
and features found nowhere else. A built-in dipstick, sealed with a viton
o-ring, allows you to check the fluid level of your tank at any time. The
2-piece design of our oil catch can allows the inlet and outlet fittings to
point in 6 different directions for installation in any engine bay. Our lid
offers 6 mounting points, ready to accept a mounting bracket at any rotation of
the catch can. Included with the ultimate can are two cnc machined mounting
brackets. One bracket allows for the can to be bolted to a horizontal surface.
The other allows for the can to be bolted to a vertical surface. Both brackets
can be flipped, modified, or even bolted together if necessary.
When it comes time for maintenence, the ultimate can be
disassembled for simple cleaning. Throughout the life of the can, the filter
media will never need to be replaced. Tubing can be removed and re-installed
from our fittings without ever damaging them. The o-rings provided are designed
to stand up to oil and heat and may never need replacement. The entire catch can
is built with precision from heavy duty materials proven to stand the test of
time. We can't call it bulletproof (who shoots a catch can?) but we do call it
- Lid, dipstick, and brackets CNC machined from 6061 aluminum
- Outlet fitting fabricated from 304 stainless tubing and CNC
- Can fabricated from 304 stainless tubing and CNC machined
- Bottom drain fitting 304 stainless steel with NPT female
- Precision TIG welding on all stainless steel components
- Internal filters machined from 6061 perforated aluminum
- Stainless steel hardware & Viton o-rings throughout
- Installation truly universal
- Horizontal and vertical mounting brackets included
- Hose barbs fit 3/4" tubing
- Designed for recirculation into intake system
- Sump capacity 1/2 quart (16oz)
- Overflow capacity 3/4 quart (24oz)
- Vehicle specific mounting for the Mk6 Golf R
Finishes & Accessories
- Stainless steel components feature a brushed finish
- Wrinkle black powdercoating optional (outlet fitting and
canister shown in pictures)
- UNLIMITED Wrinkle Black with all parts powdercoated black.
- Aluminum components feature our CNC machined shine
- 3/4" silicone tubing available
- This kit is not compatible with European models that have a charcoal
canister in front of the engine mount. Alternate mounting is required.
- This kit is not compatible with aftermarket engine mounts. The mounting
bracket uses a threaded hole in the OEM mount which does not exist on
aftermarket mounts. Alternate mounting is required.
- If used, the factory engine cover must be slightly modified to clear the PCV
hoses. Please visit our Tech Corner to learn more.