Stage 1 software is now available for MK7 Volkswagen GTI to flash locally here at UroTuning!
software calibration accommodates the factory exhaust and intake
system, retains OEM-like drivability, and offers dramatic performance
improvements over the factory software.
On 91 octane fuel, peak to peak
performance gains are measured at 40-45 wheel HP and 45-50 ft lbs wheel
torque over stock. In some areas of the power band, gains are as high
as 55 wheel HP 55 ft lbs wheel torque.
On 100 octane fuel, peak to peak
performance gains are measured at 70-75 wheel HP and 45-50 ft lbs wheel
torque. In some areas of the power band, gains reach as high as 80
wheel HP and 80 ft lbs wheel torque.
Other notable features include the following:
- Proprietary boost control system to optimize air flow and horsepower
- GIAC boost control routine allows for a maximized but smooth power band, with clean, and consistent shifting at each gear change (for DSG models).
- Properly calibrated air/fuel ratios
- Improved throttle response for a drive-by-cable system feel.
- Optimized torque control for smoother, faster shifting, and raised speed limiters to factory redline in final drive gear.
World Performance Testing:
- Acceleration testing GIAC Stage 1 software
yielded an improvement in acceleration over stock of 5.42 seconds from
62 124 mph (100 200 km/h).
- Testing with stock software
yielded a time of 17.98 seconds on 98 RON fuel.
- With GIAC stage 1
software installed, on 98 RON fuel, the same car yielded a 62 124 mph
time of 12.56 seconds.
- On 93 octane (98 RON), a stage 1 MK7 GTI
ran 13.0@109 mph with no additional modifications, 100% factory weight,
on factory wheels/tires.
The software purchase (MSRP $550.00
for US models) includes a GIAC Pump fuel performance program.
GIAC is proud to offer switchable options (Stock, Race and Valet modes)
and a GIAC Handheld Program Switcher for the MK7 platform.
following ECU part numbers are currently supported. If your part number
is not on the list, ask your GIAC authorized dealer to submit a file
1. GIAC has the most experience of any US tuner reprogramming Bosch Motronic.
GIAC reprograms Audi/VW/Porsche/BMW/Mercedes/Fiat/Citroen destined for both US
and German markets.
2. GIAC only writes ECU software and does not lose R&D time on developing
exhausts, suspension, turbo kits, air filters, etc.
3. GIAC takes a base program from a new ECU (starting in their computer lab,
using five dedicated networked computers) and completely disassembles out
important functions using extremely complex engineering software. This is the
same software used for the development of these ECUs by the manufacturer. When
needed, GIAC emulates in real time with a professional engineering emulator,
which allows 6 bit triggering and the ability to capture virtually any event
while they run an ECU on a workbench.
4. GIAC then takes that source code and loads it into GIAC proprietary
software "SHW version 8.02", where they can correctly modify any settings in the
ECU. This makes GIAC different because they do not use commercial chip modifying
software which can radically limit the tuning freedom needed to make a factory
quality program. With a factory quality product, you will get silky smooth
performance with stable power. GIAC can rewrite the code in SHW to modify
5. GIAC designs and engineers in house all of their own printed circuit
boards for encryption using advanced CAD software. They also write all of their
own programs for encryption. This allows GIAC to get product to market much
faster for a large variety of cars. It also protects GIAC software from
increasingly common piracy found in the industry today. GIAC encrypts all of
their chips to protect the cutting edge programming techniques they use.
6. GIAC's close ties with Bosch Gmbh ensures that their chips are state of
Why consider anything else?
Please visit the
for even further information on GIAC and their state of the art
technology. Their recent success in getting the legendary Porsche 959 to pass
Federal emissions standards qualifies them as
the industry leader.
Upgrade Policy: We will provide free lifetime upgrades
to GIAC chip users who have purchased the chip directly from us (Urotuning does
charge a $25 flash fee to current customers, a $50 flash fee is charged to
customers that had their GIAC installed by another dealer). Upgrades apply to
current versions of the same type of chip. There are no upgrade paths for
certain chips, such as for larger turbo packages. However, we do have discounts
available for all GIAC chip users when purchasing a complete larger turbo kit
from us. Please inquire about discounts or with any questions you may have
regarding this policy.
Also please note that all GIAC chips advertised on
this site are for US spec vehicles unless stated otherwise.