NM Eng. SPEC-B front sway bar link kit is designed specifically to pair coilover systems that relocate the sway bar link arms to a lower position; such as: KW, JRZ, and other race-spec kits. The SPEC-B links are 1.5" shorter compared to OEM ones.
NM Engineering’s new Rear Adjustable Sway Bar Links provides three benefits:
- Direct transmission of suspension movements to the sway bar
- On lowered vehicles, allows re-positioning of sway bar to neutral position
- Can eliminate sway bar pre-loading to compensate for poorly manufactured sway bars
Everything starts with the material – after all, it is the foundation of the part. NM Engineering did not skimp here as these links are precision CNC machined from 7075-T6 aluminum here in California. Because this is a high-stress part, 7075 was chosen because it has the same tensile strength as steel, yet is much lighter. Just to compare, 7075-T6 has almost twice the tensile strength compared to 6061-T6.
Another benefit afforded by 7075-T6 is it allowed NM Engineering to machine or turn-down the centers of the links to save weight and stay clear of other elements such as brake lines and brake pad sensor wires.
To give you an idea how thin the link is, the centers of the NM links are thinner than a standard AA battery.
NM’s links also utilize precision CNC machined stainless steel ball-joint spacers as stainless steel is stronger and more durable than 6061 aluminum alloy. To maximize adjustability, NM chose a special thin jam nut which allow an additional ¼" of adjustment compared to others being sold in the market.
The length of front and rear links are compensated for lowered vehicles so the sway bar arms will sit in a neutral position relative to the swing arm. The length of the rear links are 25mm shorter and the fronts are 12mm longer compared to OE links. This is also 'the' solution for enthusiasts out there with coil-over suspension that lower the ride height more than 1.5".
- R50 MINI Cooper Hatchback: 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006
- R52 MINI Cooper Convertible: 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
- R52-S MINI Cooper S Convertible: 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
- R53-S MINI Cooper S Hatchback: 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006
- R55 MINI Cooper Clubman: 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
- R55-S MINI Cooper S Clubman: 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
- R56 MINI Cooper Hatchback: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
- R56-S MINI Cooper S Hatchback: 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
- R57 MINI Cooper Convertible: 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
- R57-S MINI Cooper S Convertible: 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
- R58 MINI Cooper Coupe: 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
- R58-S MINI Cooper S Coupe: 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
- R59 MINI Cooper Roadster: 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
- R59-S MINI Cooper S Roadster: 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015