NOTE: All out of stock systems are built to order lead times are usually 2-3 weeks but sometimes longer.
- Engineered, developed, tested and hand-crafted in-house
- Crafted from 2.5" T304 stainless steel Adds 21hp @ 5300 rpms with Turboback/G.I.A.C. software
- Polished Silver or Diamond Black adjustable slash cut tips
- No Drone
Our Exhausts have earned praise from owners and the press alike, due to their unique "Jekyll and Hyde" personality. We spend considerable time and effort during development to achieve remarkable civility when idling and cruising at part throttle, while also producing a war-cry wail when full throttle is applied. Sophisticated, refined, and powerful, all at once.
We spent considerable time examining how to maximize the performance and options of this exhaust system. The factory exhaust consists of a long downpipe with two catalytic converters, and two rather large mufflers in the section after the cats. Thorough long term street testing has confirmed that our high flow downpipe will not set a Check Engine light or any fault codes in the ECU.
Here are some features of our system. Each feature was chosen for performance and longevity reasons, and when making your Exhaust decisions you should settle for nothing less:
- Fully mandrel bent tubing
- Available with Polished Silver or Diamond Black Finishes
- Thick .065" wall T304 stainless steel tubing
- Stainless steel internal muffler and resonator construction
- Stainless steel MIG and TIG welds
- Stainless steel T-bolt clamps
- Double walled Exhaust tips to reduce heat discoloration
- In house dyno developed
The Mk6 Jetta GLI Touring Edition Exhaust replaces the factory exhaust from the downpipe back, featuring a straight through resonator and AWE Tuning's specially engineered Helmholtz resonator in the rear muffler section. Similarly, The Mk6 Jetta GLI Track Edition Exhaust replaces the factory exhaust and includes a straight through resonator, but to allow a more aggressive exhaust tone, the Track Edition does not include the Helmholtz resonator.
Why did we choose 2.5 inch and not 3.0 inch diameter for our MK6 exhaust? Our first 2.0T exhaust prototypes were indeed 3.0 inch, but we found that the effort it took to move the large mass of air in the 3.0 inch system at lower rpms resulted in a loss of torque with very little offsetting gain up top.
AWE Part Numbers - 3020-22014, 3020-22022, 3020-22026, 3020-23014, 3020-23024, 3020-23028, 3015-22028, 3015-22054, 3015-22058, 3015-23024, 3015-23046, 3015-23050
⚠️CALIFORNIA WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov