These Rotors are side specific. To order both sides you need 34112284809-ZIM-KT
The Zimmermann Formula Z brake disc was designed with the aim of teaming simple installation with optimum braking effect under high mechanical and thermal load.
The compound brake disc developed by Zimmermann accommodates the increased demands incurred by engine tuning and optimized chassis structures.
COAT-Z - Coat-Z is a protective coating that prevents rust and corrosion, extended rotor life and improved visual appearance. To improve the rust protection during storage and usage, Otto Zimmermann GmbH implements this new Coat-Z technology step by step in its production range. Beside the still optimum function of the brake disc, this coating ensures a consistent attractive appearance.
Formula Z - Bake Disc - The composite or compound brake disc named Formula Z is suitable for motorsport applications due to its special design. In contrast to the fully cast-iron brake disc, the friction ring (cast iron) and hub (aluminum alloy) are connected by steel pins. The resulting, floating construction reduces the thermal buffering of the friction ring in the operating temperature state substantially, because the friction ring can freely expand under thermal stress (e.g. when braking from high speeds or several consecutive brake applications). The use of aluminium alloy also considerably reduces the unsprung masses on the vehicle.
Material quality / high carbon - Zimmermann brake discs are usually made of cast iron (with flake graphite) of different qualities; they correspond to the material used for the original spare parts. Therefore, the utilization of such materials (referred to as High Carbon by the competition) has always been a matter of course for Otto Zimmermann.
Features and Benefits:
- Excellent deceleration action and no distortion of friction ring at high temperatures
- Substantial weight saving and therefore less unsprung mass
- Floating mounting enables radial expansion of the brake disc under relatively heavy loads, thus preventing shielding and increasing resistance to heat cracks
- Hot spots prevented by optimized design of ventilation channels
- 1:1 exchange of original disc possible
- Not subject to registration: general ABE certification supplied with disc
- No conversion required for brake tuning
Part # 34-11-2-284-809 / 34 11 2 284 809
⚠️CALIFORNIA WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov