Dinan High Capacity Oil Cooler System for BMW | E90 | 335i (w/ Factory OC & w/ M-Tech Bumper) | D570-0905
It's no secret among 335 owners that while the cars perform admirably, they tend to run a bit on the warm side. This appears to be true even with the cars equipped with the factory oil cooler; and in case you weren't aware, not all 335's came with an oil cooler at all!
For those who drive the cars in a spirited fashion on a regular basis, this issue is even more pronounced. While this is certainly a concern in stock form, it becomes even more of an issue when you consider increasing boost pressure, which in addition to added power output also generates more heat. And when you back your products with matching new car warranty coverage, including consequential damages, you tend to be a bit more concerned about the real world ramifications of increased turbo boost pressure on the car as a whole. Recognizing the significance of this issue, Dinan set out to develop a more efficient heat exchanger, ultimately in the form of a High Capacity Oil Cooler.
Two complete systems have been developed, one for vehicles that weren't equipped with a factory oil cooler and the other as an upgrade for the stock unit. Now every 335 driver has the opportunity to lower operating temperatures significantly, providing peace of mind as well as avoiding that notorious "limp" mode when things get simply too hot. The Dinan High Capacity Oil Cooler provides literally twice the volume of the stock unit, as well as 414 sq./in. of cooling tube vs. 112.5, and that's really just the beginning. Nicely integrated inlet ducting provides greater airflow efficiency and the ventilation of air to the fender well has also been improved with a larger outlet. The system mounts neatly in the stock location and includes lightweight convoluted PTFE hoses with polyester outer braid fitted with race-quality fittings.
Notes: Only for use with M-Technic bumper.
- Keeps you, and your engine, running faster, longer!
- Avoid going into limp mode during high performance driving
- Over twice the volume over the stock unit
- Increased surface area
- Larger inlets and outlets providing more airflow
- Includes upgraded hoses and race-style fittings
- Total Volume Stock: 9.5 oz. / Total Volume Dinan: 19 oz.
- Stock Surface Area: 45 sq./in. / Dinan Surface Area: 67.5 sq./in.
- Stock Cooling Tubes: 10 / Dinan Cooling Tubes: 23
- Stock Tube Length: 90 in. / Dinan Tube Length: 207 in.
- Stock Tube Area: 112.5 sq./in. / Dinan Tube Area: 414 sq./in.
Installation Instructions: Dinan E90 Oil Cooler R570-0905 Instructions
E90 BMW 335i / 335xi - N54 3.0L
⚠️CALIFORNIA WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov