We are excited to announce the arrival of the brand new carbon fiber intake system for 2.5 TFSI EVO engines from Unitronic! This intake system fits the 2018-2019 (8S) TT RS and 2017-2019 (8V.2) RS 3! This intake system couples with the Unitronic 3" or 4" Turbo inlet elbow will transform your engine, giving your car a competitive edge, with looks and performance to back it up.
The new Unitronic Carbon Fiber Intake is painstakingly engineered and designed with cutting edge technology from partners at Creaform® and Stratasys®.
This allowed Unitronic to achieve a final product that optimizes air flow and speed, while also eliminating air flow restrictions in factory components that leave unclaimed power on the table!
Simulations illustrates how well airflow travels through the system. This helps achieve
- Laminar flow
- Minimal pressure drop in all areas
- An increase in volumetric efficiency.
The CFD sectional of the front air duct shows how laminar airflow is directed towards the air box. It is also seen how the side gills operate; they were employed for safety, in the event the front inlets are obstructed; and for scavenging to eliminate vortices as the high speed air enters the airbox.
The Unitronic Carbon Intake system can be paired with either a red sport filter that is suitable for all daily driven applications while also protecting your turbocharger from dangerous debris. The blue race filter is an optional add on and is intended for drag racing applications where maximum intake air flow is necessary.
- The OEM intake yielded a peak flow rate of 595 CFM at 28” of H2O (Aq).
- Unitronic Carbon Fiber 4” Intake System achieved 1118 CFM with the RaceFilter.
- Gain of 88% over the OEM Intake and flowed 1095 CFM with the Sport Filter, a gain of 84% over the OEM Intake.
• Up to 88% increase in flow over stock
• 2/2 Twill prepreg carbon fiber weave
• Autoclave construction
• EPDM couplers
• High-quality stainless steel hose clamps
• Direct bolt-on fitment & EPDM mounting grommets
• Smooth airflow transitions
• Proven power, torque, and airflow gains