Not only does our new billet, heavyweight shift knob look great inside your car, but it also adds a bit of function and performance as well. With its solid construction and added heft, shifting becomes smoother and faster. Utilizing a modular threaded insert design this shift knob is compatible with nearly any application.
Weighing in at approximately 250 grams the added inertial mass makes shifting effort substantially less while speeding up the process at the same time.
For early Volkswagen models (MK1->MK3 & B5) no set screws are required, you simply thread the knob on in seconds. For the newer vehicles (VW MK4+ & Audi B6+) we have been very careful to ensure the diameter of the shank insert perfectly matches the shift rod to ensure a precise and secure fit when using the three large set screws. Other "universal" shift knobs have too much slop in the diameter causing them to come loose over a short time. Our billet shift knob is engineered for a secure and lasting installation.
- One heavy weight GS1 shift knob
- One red/silver BFI crest logo coin
- One adapter for vehicles without threaded selector shaft
- Three set screws
- Allen key for set screws
- Shift boot not included. Picture used for illustrative purposes.
- Our shift knobs will sit at or near the stock height on most vehicles. One exception is the MK7 GTI & Golf R which has a 'hollow' shift knob and shorter selector shaft height. This means our shift knob will sit noticeably lower than stock. If you would prefer your MK7 GTI / R to sit near stock height, you may purchase this additional adapter.
- The BFI crest coin included with this shift knob is silver plated and may tarnish over time. We recommend lightly polishing the coin with silver jewelry polish to restore its original luster.
⚠️CALIFORNIA WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov