Not only does our new billet, heavyweight shift knob look great inside your car, but it also adds a bit of function and performance as well. With its solid construction and added heft, shifting becomes smoother and faster. Utilizing a modular threaded insert design this shift knob is compatible with nearly any application.
Weighing in at approximately 250 grams the added inertial mass makes shifting effort substantially less while speeding up the process at the same time.
For early Volkswagen models (MK1->MK3) no set screws are required, you simply thread the knob on in seconds. For the newer vehicles (VW MK4+ & Audi B5+ and all BMW) we have been very careful to ensure the diameter of the shank insert perfectly matches the shift rod to ensure a precise and secure fit when using the three large set screws. Other ???universal??? shift knobs have too much slop in the diameter causing them to come loose over a short time. Our billet shift knob is engineered for a secure and lasting installation.
- One SCHWARZ heavy weight GS1 shift knob
- One BFI crest logo coin
- One adapter for vehicles without threaded selector shaft
- Three set screws
- Allen key for set screws
- Some M-Sport models have a very short shift knob from the factory. If you have an M-Sport model, our shift knob will sit slightly higher on the selector shaft.
- Shift boot not included. Image used for illustrative purposes.
- The BFI crest coin included with this shift knob is silver plated and may tarnish over time. We recommend lightly polishing the coin with silver jewelry polish to restore its original luster.
⚠️CALIFORNIA WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov