Tuscan connecting rods represent the leading edge of technology for bottom end strength, reliability, and lightweight. Our Engineering staff utilizes the most modern technology to optimize these rods to a level never before seen at the enthusiast level. Give your engine a reliably strong connecting rod set that is rated for engines up to 1000BHP!
- UNIQUE I-BEAM DESIGN OFFERS INCREDIBLE BENDING AND TORSIONAL STIFFNESS
- INCLUDES IE SPEC ARP 2000 ROD BOLTS WITH "IE" STAMP TO ENSURE A GENUINE PRODUCT
- APPLICATION SPECIFIC DESIGN OPTIMIZED FOR THE MK7/MQB PLATFORM
- INDUSTRY LEADING CONNECTING ROD STRENGTH TO WEIGHT RATIO
- HONED TO EXACTING TOLERANCES WITHIN 250 MILLIONTHS OF AN INCH
- FORCED PIN OILING (RIFLE DRILLING) PROVIDES LONG WRIST PIN LONGEVITY
- EACH CONNECTING ROD SET IS BALANCED TO WEIGHTS WITHIN +/- 1 GRAM
- FORGED FROM VACUUM DRAWN 2 PIECE 4340 CHROME MOLY STEEL
- DIMENSIONALLY AND MAGNAFLUX INSPECTED FOR EXTREME RELIABILITY
- COMBINATION TESTED TO OVER 1000BHP ON 4 CYLINDER ENGINES
- MULTI-STAGE HEAT TREATED FOR DIMENSIONAL STABILITY AND FATIGUE LIFE
Designed Through Technology
IE's Tuscan connecting rod sets are the best rods available for your European engine due to quality, custom application specific design, and thorough testing. Each Tuscan design is different from any other design because they are custom-crafted and optimized by our engineers using the latest CAD and FEA software. This is in contrast to the industry standard which simply resizes standard designs to fit new engines. Each application is vigorously tested in our in-house engine test cell. We have gone the extra mile to design specific big ends for each application, keeping the bearing in place and reducing chances of failures. This results in a connecting rod that is uniquely strong and light, for the ultimate in performance and reliability.
Application Specific Engineering
Each model is detailed out with a unique feature set that ensures proper operation within the unique demands of that engine. There is a particular emphasis placed on providing a stable foundation for the connecting rod bearing. By providing a stable platform for the rod bearing, much higher reliability is possible. For that reason, the feature set is not consistent across all models of IE Tuscan rods.
Torture Tested Reliability
IE Tuscan rods for turbocharged applications feature a robust I-Beam design for incredible bending and torsional stiffness. Additionally, an extensive iterative process lead to the unique Egg shape of our rod beams, which lowers stresses as much as 20% compared to less evolved designs. This shape very evenly distributes the high comprehensive loading from a turbocharged engine onto the connecting rod beam. We then validated this success with over 18 months of field testing, powering numerous VW/Audi engines with over 1000bhp! In addition to being tough, IE Tuscan rods are also designed to minimize unnecessary weight on the connecting rod for an ultra balanced weight to strength ratio. Our engineering staff has spent countless hours trimming the fat- leaving exactly what is needed to get the reliability you want, with the weight you don't.
Finished And Quality Controlled In USA
This level of attention to detail is mirrored in the manufacturing details as well. Each set of Tuscan connecting rods are honed in the USA to tolerances of around 250 millionths of an inch! This ensures amazing bearing reliability you really cannot find elsewhere in this price range. These rods are as round and true as any rods money can buy.
- AUDI - TTRS 2008-2015 (8J) 2.5L FSI 5 cylinder engine
- AUDI - TTRS 2015+ (8S) 2.5L FSI 5 cylinder engine
- AUDI - RS3 2006-2013 (8P) 2.5L FSI 5 cylinder engine
- AUDI - RS3 2015+ (8V) 2.5L FSI 5 cylinder engine
- AUDI - RS Q3 2011-2015 (8U) 2.5L FSI 5 cylinder engine
- VW - Golf 2010-2014 (MK6) 2.5L 5 cylinder engine
- VW - Rabbit 2006-2009 (MK5) 2.5L 5 cylinder engine
- VW - Jetta & Jetta GLI 2006-2010 (MK5) 2.5L 5 cylinder engine
- VW - Jetta & Jetta GLI 2010-2014 (MK6) 2.5L 5 cylinder engine
- VW - Jetta SportWagen 2011-2014 (MK6) 2.5L 5 cylinder engine
- VW - Beetle 1998-2011 (1C - 9C - 1Y) 2.5L 5 cylinder engine
- VW - Beetle 2011-2015 (MK2) 2.5L 5 cylinder engine
Is there a proper orientation to install the bearing tangs on our connecting rods?
We recommend installing the bearings tangs facing the exhaust side of the engine.
Are these connecting rods forged?
Yes, all Integrated Engineering Connecting Rods are made from tough and durable 4340 forgings. These forgings far exceed the quality of most factory rods that are typically made from powdered metal as a cost-saving measure.
Do these rods require any additional machine work for installation?
IE connecting rods are delivered to you in "ready to install" condition. Other engine machine work may be required though when rebuilding an engine, such as decking the block or boring and honing cylinder walls.
Is balancing the engine required when installing these connecting rods?
Since IE rods are sold in balanced sets this is not required. For extreme performance application, this can still be done if desired.
What is the maximum RPM limit of these rods?
The maximum RPM limit can be affected by many factors. In this application, we suggest not exceeding 8500 RPM with ARP 2000 bolts. If you plan on exceeding this RPM level, consider upgrading to ARP 625+ bolts.
When should I upgrade to ARP 625+ rod bolts?
Generally speaking, high RPM conditions put the most stress on rod bolts as the rod and cap are literally being pulled in opposite directions. If you plan on pushing your engine far past factory redline or 8500 RPM we would suggest upgrading to 625+ ARP bolts.
What are the most common reasons for connecting rod failure?
As one of the highest stressed components in the engine, there are several things that can contribute to a failure. The most common failure is caused by improper installation followed by improper tuning. We recommend that you seek professional help for both installation and tuning. Oiling system health is also essential to ensuring safe engine operation. Momentary oil starvation can result in spun rod bearings and engine failure. In extreme applications also be sure that you are using heavy duty wrist pins. On many of the pistons, we offer we either include stout wrist pins or offer them as an upgrade.
⚠️CALIFORNIA WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov