With a bigger turbo and more boost to elicit greater power gains, heat becomes a larger issue. More heat, in turn, robs some of the power you just gained. A larger high-performance intercooler combats the heat and those power gains are protected. The Dinan dual core intercooler provides a 278% increase in face area along with an equally impressive increase in volume, substantially reducing the pressure drop to 0.8 psi, as well as providing for more efficient heat exchange and more consistent output power. Dinan's unique dual-core design allows 2 separate cores to be working in conjunction with one another at all times. This doubling of resources is directly responsible for a 39% improvement in the delta from charge air temperature to ambient temperature (see diagrams). "Cool down" time is also significantly reduced enabling the cars to produce full power under varying driving conditions such as stop and go traffic. This leaves the chances of being susceptible to heat soak nearly a thing of the past.
The system has been engineered to be as direct a replacement as possible to the stock unit, requiring only minor modifications for a clean, factory-like installation. The increased thermal efficiency provided by the Dinan dual core intercooler will also enhance turbocharger reliability in addition to overall power.
- Max gains of 7 HP and 5 lb-ft of torque on a stock car.
- Face area 278% larger than the stock intercooler setup for maximum cooling efficiency to deter heat soak.
- Charge Air Pressure drop: 0.80 PSI (69% improvement over stock)
- Charge Air Temperature drop: 193º F (9% improvement over stock)
- Charge Air Temperature / Ambient Temperature Delta: 25º F @ 6250 RPM (39% improvement over stock)
⚠️CALIFORNIA WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov