Since 2008 Zimmermann is offering almost 400 Standard and almost 400 Sports Brake Discs in a coated version named Coat Z.
The Zimmermann Coat-Z brake disc provides a protective coating that prevents rust and corrosion, extended rotor life and improved visual appearance. To improve the rust protection during storage and usage, Otto Zimmermann GmbH implements this new Coat-Z technology step by step in its production range. Beside the still optimum function of the brake disc, this coating ensures a consistent attractive appearance.
Zimmermann brake discs are usually made of cast iron (with flake graphite) of different qualities; they correspond to the material used for the original spare parts. Therefore, the utilization of such materials (referred to as High Carbon by the competition) has always been a matter of course for Otto Zimmermann.
Features and Benefits:
- Coat-Z protective anti-corrosion coating
- No formation of rust at the hub and herewith improved visual appearance
- Immediate functional capability without removal of the coating before mounting
- Excellent deceleration action and no distortion of friction ring at high temperatures
- Substantial weight saving and therefore less unsprung mass
- Floating mounting enables radial expansion of the brake disc under relatively heavy loads, thus preventing shielding and increasing resistance to heat cracks
- Hot spots prevented by optimized design of ventilation channels
- 1:1 exchange of original disc possible
- Not subject to registration: general ABE certification supplied with disc
- No conversion required for brake tuning
5Q0-615-601-D / 5Q0615601 D / 5Q0 615 601 D / 5Q0615601D
1K0-615-601-AA / 1K0615601 AA / 1K0 615 601 AA / 1K0615601AA
⚠️CALIFORNIA WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov