Our 3.0T exhaust system represents the most comprehensive exhaust development project in our company history. The 3.0T systems have paved the way for future exhaust technologies that can now be found in most every AWE Tuning exhaust product. We have spent considerable time and effort during development to achieve remarkable civility when idling and at part throttle cruising, while also producing a war-cry wail when full throttle is applied. Hand made in house, these systems command respect while remaining sophisticated, refined, and powerful, all at once.
Highlights of the S5 3.0T Track Edition Exhaust
Hand-crafted, every detail drives toward maximum performance, quality and perfect sound:
- + 8hp, +9tq at the crank
- Increased pipe diameter to 2.5 to better let the engine exhale
- Louder in the mid range, at part throttle
- Available with Chrome Silver or Diamond Black adjustable tips, 90mm or 102mm
- Engineered, developed, tested and manufactured in-house
- Thick .065" wall T304 stainless steel tubing
- Stainless steel TIG welds
- High quality stainless steel band clamps
- Stainless steel center muffler with OEM grade stainless steel wool and German composite packing material
- Optional Downpipes for fine tuning sound volume
- Lifetime Exhaust Warranty
Tip options are as follows - all of which include the AWE Tuning logo, and double walling to ensure a mirror finish even under hard usage.
- 90mm Slash Cut Diamond Black Tips
- 90mm Slash Cut Chrome SIlver Tips
- 102mm Slash Cut Diamond Black Tips
- 102mm Slash Cut Chrome Silver
- Tips All tips are individually adjustable, so stagger and depth into bumper can be set according to personal taste.
Please note: To accommodate the 102mm tips, the muffler itself had to be re-engineered, and as such, tips cannot be changed from 90mm to 102mm without the purchase of a new rear section of the system. Questions on this? Were here.
About the downpipes
We offer our Resonated and Non-Resonated Downpipes. Our Resonated Downpipes (strongly recommended for S-tronic cars) feature resonators larger than the stock units in order to produce a mellow sound volume. Our optional Non-Resonated downpipes are suited for owners seeking a "loud" and aggressive sounding system. Both our Resonated and Non-Resonated Downpipes feature larger than stock tubing diameter.
Downpipe + exhaust packages offer the most cost-effective solution.
Downpipe installation tip
Installing downpipes on these cars is arduous given the placement of the factory bolts. We had so much trouble that we made an AWE Tuning-grade tool to make it easier. If you're planning an install, our Downpipe Removal Tool is a must have.
Read this, too
None of the components of our B8 S5 exhaust system affect or alter any of the emissions devices on the vehicle, and therefore are legal for street use.
As with all AWE Tuning exhaust products, each TIG weld is hand finished internally, and flange openings are size matched to their ports, all to produce the smoothest flow possible. It is this intensive attention to detail that sets AWE Tuning exhaust products heads and shoulders above the rest.
- Given the removal of the rear-mufflers, this system cannot be returned due to sound.
- S-Tronic owners beware: This system will be especially loud at part throttle.
- In limited cases, the factory downpipes have been known to emit minor rattling noises when paired with the AWE Tuning S5 exhaust system. The possibility of rattling is eliminated with the addition of AWE Tuning downpipes. AWE Tuning downpipes are package discounted when purchased with the exhaust, or if they are purchased within one year of an exhaust purchase.
Install Instructions can be found here.
⚠️CALIFORNIA WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov