After much anticipation, we are pleased to release our lowering spring kit for the 2017+ Audi RS3 (8V) sedan. With the success of our 8V S3 spring, we have been eager to apply our experience to the RS3 platform. Similar to our other spring offerings, we went into the development process with a goal of maintaining OE ride quality and characteristics, while offering an aesthetically pleasing and functional drop. After testing multiple revisions on our in-house RS3, we feel that we have met and exceeded this goal.
We specifically opted for a linear spring design (similar to OEM), as in our experience, this pairs very well with the stock dampers. For those who've had a poor experience in the past with lowering springs feeling bouncy, crashy and all around poor in terms of ride, we feel that our lowering springs will be a welcome improvement.Each spring set is 100% made in the USA exclusively for EMD Auto. The springs are made of high tensile chrome silicon and each unit is shot peened, pre-set and 100% tested to ensure all the critical dimensions and rate/loads are within tolerance. The springs are then zinc primered for corroon resistance and finished in a gloss black powder coat for a factory appearance.
- Stock Spring Rate: 260 lb/in (Front) / 270 lb/in (Rear)
- eMMOTION Spring Rate: 275 lb/in (Front) / 300 lb/in (Rear)
- Lowering (Front): Approximately 1.0 inches
- Lowering (Rear): Approximately 0.8 inches
- Are these springs okay for a daily driver?
- Yes, these springs were specifically designed for daily driven vehicles with an emphasis on ride quality.
- Will lowering springs cause my factory shocks and struts to wear out prematurely?
- Our springs are a linear rate design, similar to the OEM units. As such, they are not expected to cause additional wear on the shocks and struts. The spring heights are also designed to stay within the travel range of the factory shocks and struts. By precisely examining the factory bump stops, spring rates and motion ratios, we have created what we feel is a true no compromise lowering solution for the RS3.
- Do I need any other items for install?
- No other items are needed for install.
- Do I need to trim the bump stops?
- You do not need to trim the bump stops.
- Are these springs compatible with magnetic ride?
- Yes, these springs are fully compatible with magnetic ride and allow the system to function as intended.
⚠️CALIFORNIA WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov