Are you looking to lower your Golf R, but are concerned with diminished ride quality? Designed with the daily driver in mind, eMMOTION lowering springs by Emmanuele Design will provide the improved aesthetics of a lowered vehicle, without creating the harsh, bouncy ride that is all too common with typical lowering springs.
Taking our experience on the MQB platform, along with testing on our in-house S3 and MK7 GTI, we have developed what we feel is the best lowering spring option for those wishing to utilize factory dampers. Using a linear design (similar to OEM) with unique spring rates, our lowering springs are properly matched to the factory dampers, ensuring a ride quality that is slightly stiffer than stock, but predictable in nature.
Each spring set is 100% made in the USA exclusively for Emmanuele Design. The springs are made of high tensile chrome silicon and each unit is shot peened, pre-set and 100% tested to ensure all the critical dimensions and rate/loads are within tolerance. The springs are then powder coated with a stealth black finish for an OEM appearance. The use of high tensile chrome silicon, as opposed to typical commercial grade chrome silicon, allows us to create a lighter spring that can sustain repeated deflection without deformation. High tensile chrome silicone will typically have thinner coil diameters that are spaced further apart, when compared to commercial chrome silicon.
- Approx. 1.0" Front & Rear
Lowering Springs - The heart of our lowering package is the springs themselves. Featuring a linear design with unique rates and geometry, our lowering springs are a direct replacement for the stock units.
Reverse Rake Adapter Pads - For a level body line, we recommend not installing the rear pads. For an even tire to fender gap (and a slight forward rake body line), we recommend installing the rear pads. The pads go on top of the rear rubber pad, against the body.
- Are these springs compatible with DCC?
- Yes, these springs are compatible with DCC. They pair extremely well with the adjustable dampening, as they maintain the distinct ride characteristics between the different modes.
- Are these springs okay for a daily driver?
- Yes, these springs were specifically designed for daily driven vehicles. They were designed to maintain the factory ride quality.
- Will lowering springs cause my factory shocks and struts to wear out prematurely?
- Our springs are a linear rate design, similar to the OEM units. As such, they are not expected to cause additional wear on the shocks and struts. The spring heights are also designed to stay within the travel range of the factory shocks and struts to ensure longevity of the factory components.
- Will there be any rubbing with these springs?
- With most wheel and tire setups, there will be no rubbing. We typically recommend a 19x8.5 ET45 wheel for a flush fit without rubbing.
- Do you recommend trimming the bump stops?
- We recommend not trimming the bump stops on the Golf R.
- What do the rear plastic pads do?
- Our reverse rake adapter pads offer some adjustability of the body line of the car. For a level body line, we recommend not installing the rear pads. For an even tire to fender gap (and a slight forward rake body line), we recommend installing the rear pads. The pads go on top of the rear rubber pad, against the body.
⚠️CALIFORNIA WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov