The perfect compliment to Fabspeed's 981 Boxster/Cayman exhaust upgrades, this high performance intake plenum from Innovative Pro Design and upgraded 82mm throttle body provide substantial power gains by increasing the efficiency and flow of the engine's air intake system.
After a very extensive R&D program, we are proud to launch the new 981 IPD 82mm Competition Plenums specifically designed to work in perfect concert with the upgraded 82mm throttle body. This combination has proven to be extremely effective and deliver even more performance than doing either component on its own. This Competition Plenum package will work with both 3.4L "S" and 2.7L "Non-S" applications.
The 981 intake is nearly identical to the 987.2 intake. Porsche made a few upgrades with the 981, most notably being that the 981 draws outside air from both driver and passenger air intakes instead of the driver's side only as previously found with all 986, 987 and 987.2 applications. IPD has developed a custom silicone hose designed to perfectly fit the larger 82mm throttle body and considerably improve air flow.
The new 981 Plenums also benefits from the internal dimpling effect that we are now implementing on all future Plenums. This internal dimpling allows us to control the boundary layer and maximize air flow. Just like a dimpled golf ball travels farther than a smooth golf ball. Controlled turbulent air creates less friction and "tumbles" over a given area more efficiently.
Power gains with the 981 Competition Plenum are virtually the same as with the 987.2 Competition Plenum, putting down 14 horsepower and 12 foot pounds of torque at the wheels. The bulk of the power gains from the IPD Plenum begin around 4000 rpm, continues all the way through to redline and become fully realized in the 6000 rpm range. IPD performance gains stay above both factory power curves throughout the entire rev range.
- Fits all Porsche 981 Boxster/Cayman vehicles (2013-2016)
- Superior and more efficient design over the factory intake
- Deliver impressive power gains regardless of modifications
- Produce substantial gains for both turbo and NA applications
- Do not require an ECU flash and will not cause a CEL
- Aluminum Plenums run cooler and don’t suffer from heat soak
- All Fabspeed performance products are backed by the Fabspeed Lifetime Limited Warranty
- NOTE: If you are upgrading your throttle body along with the IPD Plenum, you may need to visit a dealership to have them perform a manual throttle body adaptation process. Some customers have reported that installing the throttle body and plenum while the battery is disconnected results in the car performing an adaptation check once the battery is reconnected, alleviating the need to visit a dealership. However, Fabspeed recommends having the adaptation performed at a certified dealership for optimal results.