IPD took delivery of its 991.2 Turbo S and the R & D started the second it arrived at its new home. The new Turbo doesn’t substantially benefit from any one particular upgrade, but the sum of its improvements deliver a superior overall Turbo compared to the already impressive 991.1 Turbo it replaces. Yes, we know the latest Turbo is faster with 20 more horsepower but it’s the combination of lightening shifts, razor sharp handling and spiritual connection to the vehicle that elevates the driving experience of the extraordinary new 991.2 Turbo.
Porsche made a number of substantial upgrades with the latest 991.2 Turbo. Engine improvements include revised intake ports, larger injectors, higher volume fuel pump, larger turbo compressor wheels and more efficient intercoolers, but the factory intake system remained relatively unchanged allowing the IPD Plenum and Y-Pipe to fit with only minor modifications.
The 991.2 Turbo Plenum upgrade delivers staggering engine power and torque gains that will raise the performance bar of the already potent supercar as well as the hairs on your neck. Horsepower gains are found throughout the entire power band with the bulk of the gains being realized between the 3500-5000 RPM range. Max power gains of 45+ wheel HP come in at 4300 RPM and hold strong all the way to redline. Torque is even more impressive at 60+ in the midrange with a massive torque gains from 3500-5000 RPM.
The plenums deliver smooth and linear power with considerably quicker boost response creating a longer and more desirable power band. The Turbo plenums deliver reliable performance for both street and motorsport applications enhancing the already visceral Porsche Turbo driving experience.
- Superior and more efficient design over the factory intake
- Deliver impressive power gains regardless of modifications
- Produce substantial gains for both turbo and NA applications
- Do not require an ECU flash and will not cause a CEL
- Aluminum Plenums run cooler and don’t suffer from heat soak
- All Fabspeed performance products are backed by the Fabspeed Lifetime Limited Warranty
- NOTE: If you are upgrading your throttle body along with the IPD Plenum, you may need to visit a dealership to have them perform a manual throttle body adaptation process. Some customers have reported that installing the throttle body and plenum while the battery is disconnected results in the car performing an adaptation check once the battery is reconnected, alleviating the need to visit a dealership. However, Fabspeed recommends having the adaptation performed at a certified dealership for optimal results.
⚠️CALIFORNIA WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov