Stage 1 & 2 software is now available for MK7 Volkswagen GTI!
This software calibration accommodates the factory exhaust and intake system, retains OEM-like drivability, and offers dramatic performance improvements over the factory software.
On 91 octane fuel, peak to peak performance gains are measured at 40-45 wheel HP and 45-50 ft lbs wheel torque over stock. In some areas of the power band, gains are as high as 55 wheel HP 55 ft lbs wheel torque.
On 100 octane fuel, peak to peak performance gains are measured at 70-75 wheel HP and 45-50 ft lbs wheel torque. In some areas of the power band, gains reach as high as 80 wheel HP and 80 ft lbs wheel torque.
Other notable features include the following:
- Proprietary boost control system to optimize air flow and horsepower
- GIAC boost control routine allows for a maximized but smooth power band, with clean, and consistent shifting at each gear change (for DSG models).
- Properly calibrated air/fuel ratios
- Improved throttle response for a drive-by-cable system feel.
- Optimized torque control for smoother, faster shifting, and raised speed limiters to factory redline in final drive gear.
Real World Performance Testing:
- Acceleration testing GIAC Stage 1 software yielded an improvement in acceleration over stock of 5.42 seconds from 62 124 mph (100 200 km/h).
- Testing with stock software yielded a time of 17.98 seconds on 98 RON fuel.
- With GIAC stage 1 software installed, on 98 RON fuel, the same car yielded a 62 124 mph time of 12.56 seconds.
- On 93 octane (98 RON), a stage 1 MK7 GTI ran 13.0@109 mph with no additional modifications, 100% factory weight, on factory wheels/tires.
The software purchase (MSRP $550.00 for US models) includes a GIAC Pump fuel performance program. GIAC is proud to offer switchable options (Stock, Race and Valet modes) and a GIAC Handheld Program Switcher for the MK7 platform.
The following ECU part numbers are currently supported. If your part number is not on the list, ask your GIAC authorized dealer to submit a file request.
5G0906259A (US models)
1. GIAC has the most experience of any US tuner reprogramming Bosch Motronic. GIAC reprograms Audi/VW/Porsche/BMW/Mercedes/Fiat/Citroen destined for both US and German markets.
2. GIAC only writes ECU software and does not lose R&D time on developing exhausts, suspension, turbo kits, air filters, etc.
3. GIAC takes a base program from a new ECU (starting in their computer lab, using five dedicated networked computers) and completely disassembles out important functions using extremely complex engineering software. This is the same software used for the development of these ECUs by the manufacturer. When needed, GIAC emulates in real time with a professional engineering emulator, which allows 6 bit triggering and the ability to capture virtually any event while they run an ECU on a workbench.
4. GIAC then takes that source code and loads it into GIAC proprietary software "SHW version 8.02", where they can correctly modify any settings in the ECU. This makes GIAC different because they do not use commercial chip modifying software which can radically limit the tuning freedom needed to make a factory quality program. With a factory quality product, you will get silky smooth performance with stable power. GIAC can rewrite the code in SHW to modify anything.
5. GIAC designs and engineers in house all of their own printed circuit boards for encryption using advanced CAD software. They also write all of their own programs for encryption. This allows GIAC to get product to market much faster for a large variety of cars. It also protects GIAC software from increasingly common piracy found in the industry today. GIAC encrypts all of their chips to protect the cutting edge programming techniques they use.
6. GIAC's close ties with Bosch Gmbh ensures that their chips are state of the art.
Why consider anything else?
Please visit the GIAC homepage for even further information on GIAC and their state of the art technology. Their recent success in getting the legendary Porsche 959 to pass Federal emissions standards qualifies them as the industry leader.