The Zimmermann Coat-Z brake disc provides a protective coating that prevents rust and corrosion, extended rotor life and improved visual appearance.
To improve the rust protection during storage and usage, Otto Zimmermann GmbH implements this new Coat-Z technology step by step in its production range. Beside the still optimum function of the brake disc, this coating ensures a consistent attractive appearance.
Material quality / high carbon - Zimmermann brake discs are usually made of cast iron (with flake graphite) of different qualities; they correspond to the material used for the original spare parts. Therefore, the utilization of such materials (referred to as High Carbon by the competition) has always been a matter of course for Otto Zimmermann.
Heat treatment - Based on the latest developments in the casting technology, the cooling process after moulding is controlled in such a way that the tension relief is already guaranteed from the foundry on. The cost-intensive glowing of the raw or semi-finished parts (slow heating to the annealing temperature, maintaining this temperature for several hours and then slowly re-cooling) can therefore be omitted nowadays.
Features and Benefits:
- OE-Equivalent and Direct fit Application.
- High carbon content disc.
- Coat-Z protective anti-corrosion coating
- No formation of rust at the hub and herewith improved visual appearance
- Immediate functional capability without removal of the coating before mounting
- German production meeting the requirements of actual Quality Management Systems
- Well known, highest Otto-Zimmermann-Product-Quality
RUN IN NOTICE - The following run-in notices are recommended to ensure a safe and proper operation of the brake disc / brake pad system:
- Violent or shock-braking should be avoided during the first 300 km of travel after the change of the brake discs.
- Through a moderate run-in, a gradual warming of the brake disc is performed without creating a heat shock and the friction surfaces of brake disc and brake pad are aligned to each other.
- Perform at least 30 brake applications from a medium velocity (approx. 100 km/h) with a moderate deceleration (maximum braking time 3 seconds) down to a velocity of initially 50 km/h, and after about half of the braking cycles were performed down to 25 km/h. Hereby letting the brake disc cool down for approx. 3 min. between the brake cycles through the motion airflow.
If these instructions are not complied with, Zimmermann shall not honor any warranty claims, if this non-compliance causes damage to the product or damages/harm to third parties. Furthermore, a warranty will also not be provided if damages and/or defects occur that are attributable to intensive use and/or individual driving behavior and/or were caused by non-intended use!
Zimmermann GmbH is a global leader in vehicle brake technologies and is an original equipment manufacturer of high quality brake discs and components. Zimmermann products are engineered to OE specifications and are inertia-dynamometer tested to guarantee superior quality.
SOLD as a set of 2 rotors.
⚠️CALIFORNIA WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov