HPA EFR Single Turbo Program for 3.2L VR6
FTX TURBO KIT
The EFR 8374 delivers instant throttle response and supports multiple boost settings. Under 20 psi this system delivers 500+ ft-lbs torque and 500+ hp, and by massaging the block and upgrading a variety of support parts, the HPA team has achieved proven power figures in the 600 range for exhilarating acceleration.
ENGINEERING AND EXPERIENCE
A decade devoted to tuning the narrow angle VR6 was kicked off with our twin turbo 4-motion converted New Beetles. Next came our twin turbo packages for the 3.2L motor with the release of the R32, and in 2005 the FT ("Full Throttle") line of single turbos was added to our repertoire. 2007, our CVP intake manifold furthered this program by introducing air-to-water intercooling, followed by packages for the Mk5 chassis. Our EFR Edition is a culmination of all our technical experiences, and offers a stop and go daily commuter that will transform every driving experience into a thrill ride with no compromises.
More than just a turbo "kit", the EFR Edition Single Turbo System is engineered to exact specifications for each application and includes absolutely everything needed for your technician to install.
The lengthy list of components that go into each and every built to order turbo system includes several proprietary developments that set HPA turbo kits apart from the rest:
- Integrated liquid cooled cast intake manifold is an all in one design specific solution that takes the workload off the turbo; lowering EGT's and affording more ignition in the software maps yielding best in market throttle response and performance. In daily stop and go, no other after cooling solution is as effective as the air to water in generating a cool and steady intake temp.
- Velocity Tuned Exhaust manifolds are cast from the highest quality materials. Our manifolds retain the CRITICAL orientation and placement of the engine's Oxygen sensors to ensure correct fuel calibrations and DSG-> engine communications. Our exhaust manifolds will deliver instant throttle response while insulating and dispersing generated heat. There are NO design short cuts with this Manifold!
- Borg Warner EFR Turbocharger with Gamma-Ti Turbine Wheels and Dual Ceramic Ball Bearing Design.
- Custom Stainless Heat shields direct the flow of heat down the firewall into the safe suction zone reducing under hood air temps and ensuring peripheral hardware is not subject to heat stress.
- Performance engine software ensures OEM like daily drivability is retained while adaptive calibrations adjust ignition and fuel maps for ambient temperature, octane, and load changes (28mpg on hwy cruising).
FULL THROTTLE - EFR 8374
Single Turbo Systems Available for Mk5 R32 / Mk2 TT/8P A3:
- FTX-450: 445 hp - 445 ft/lbs - 17psi
- FTX-500: 535 hp - 510 ft/lbs - 20psi
- FTX-600: 630 hp - 680 ft/lbs - 28.8psi
- Borg Warner EFR 8374 Single Scroll Turbocharger
- Inconel Turbo Studs with Rolled Threads
- CNC Machined Billet Aluminum Turbo Inlet Adapter
- HPA Proprietary Cast Exhaust Manifold with External 02 Sensor Bungs
- Stainless Steel Downpipes with Interlock Flex Joint
- Stainless Steel Manifold Heat shield
- Turbo Blanket and Additional Heat shields
- Compression Reduction kit
- Liquid Cooled Short Runner Intake Manifold
- Aftercooler Package for AWIC
- 750ml Fuel Injectors
- Parallel Fuel System with Auxiliary Fuel Pump
- 3.8 bar Fuel Pressure Regulator
- Larger MAF
- Custom Wrapped Silicone Boost Plumbing
- Stainless Steel Oil and Water Lines
- Vacuum Lines and Emission Control Integration
- E-boost 2 Electronic Boost Controller
⚠️CALIFORNIA WARNING: Cancer and Reproductive Harm - www.P65Warnings.ca.gov