By replacing the restrictive standard downpipe and catalyst with the full VWR 'Cup Edition' Exhaust System with 200 cell Hi-Flow Sports Cat, you will set free a significant performance increase and a dynamic, rich soundtrack.
Aside from the beautiful Titanium tailpipe trims, it's built from the same high quality lightweight non-magnetic stainless steel as the race car systems, by the very same craftsmen, in the exact same UK factory alongside our race systems.
The perfect match with our OEM+ calibrations, the Front Exhaust System is required to support our Stage 2 upgrades - the Hi-Flow Sports Cat working with the calibration to deliver real gains.
Key Tech Specs:
- Available either as a Full System (turbo back), which replaces the entire exhaust, or as a "warranty-friendly’ Rear System (cutback).
- Optimized Flow
- With minimal disruptions the system flows exceptionally, using a carefully optimized ??: 3.00" (76.20mm) section tube.
- Dynamic Soundtrack
- The 'Cup Edition' exhaust delivers the purposeful, dynamic soundtrack expected of such a high-performance exhaust.
- With Titanium tailpipe trims and reduced silencer boxes, a significant weight saving is achieved.
- High Quality
- European-made 200 CPSI Hi-Flow Sports Catalyst and the same type-304 aircraft grade anti-magnetic stainless steel that our race systems use (note, many aftermarket downpipes only use a less efficient 300 CPSI catalyst).
- Power Gains
- Exceptional and consistent gains across the whole rev range, with peak power improvements of 20hp and 10Nm of torque recorded for the full system on a GTI.
For the ultimate performance, the VWR Full System uses a 200 CPSI Hi-Flow Sports Catalyst carefully positioned in the downpipe designed to maximize flow and minimize turbulence, especially important when combined with an OEM+ Stage 2 calibration. The VWR Rear Section can be upgraded to the Full System retrospectively at any time, as it fits with both the standard and the RacingLine Front System. Tests on a Mk7 GTi fitted with the VWR Full System (turbo-back) showed gains across the whole rev range and a peak power improvement of 20hp and 10Nm of torque...that's without an ECU remap. /// With higher power OEM+ remaps come higher gains as the 200 CPSI Hi-Flow Sports Catalyst will increase flow by as much as 30% over the original catalyst at higher flow rates. When fitted alone, the VWR Cup Edition Rear System gives lower power gains than the Full System, but with around a 5hp improvement, a weight reduction along with the purposeful soundtrack that the VWR Rear System delivers, nobody will be disappointed.
The 'Cup Edition' uses a non-resonated center section and smaller silencer box. This is the highest flow, least restrictive system available, with the dynamic soundtrack expected of a high-performance exhaust. Produced in high quality type-304 aircraft grade stainless steel on all pipework and the total construction of the silencer. This material is the same anti-magnetic steel that our race systems use, and is less susceptible to discoloration. Mandrel bending ensures full flow bends for better gas flow combined with the increased bore to ensure ultimate performance without the loss of mid-range torque. The pipe diameter throughout is ??: 3.00" (76.20mm). No cutting or modifications are required to install the VWR exhaust. The system has multiple slip joints with high quality stainless steel clamps to allow the perfect adjustment of the exhaust, whilst the Front System has a fully lined stainless steel flex joint to absorb the movement in the drivetrain. Unlike some, the quality and careful positioning of our European-made high flow catalyst means that it will not trigger a "Check Engine’ light or develop any fault codes in the ECU when combined with an OEM+ calibration.